Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,093 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Ill be shocked if the ball handling and general poise of our guards next season will be better than Dillard was this season. Dillard was no perfect player, but he was a fifth-year senior with the ability to do things on offense when needed that most freshmen PGs couldnt dream of doing. Nevermind he shot 90% at the foul line.

Most frosh guards -- especially point guards -- get a rude awakening in their first season of college ball. Price scored about 55 points this year. He made exactly two baskets inside the arc all season. Khari was not a kid only getting offers from Moody Bible College either.

I would expect a step backward next season at the PG position on offense and in the general ball-handling department. Our turnovers will probably increase as well. Where there may be some light is on defense. That was KD's weak spot and we need an upgrade defensively on the perimeter.

We'd need a Rookie of the Year type performance from Smith or Davis to tread water in the backcourt in my opinion. The one unknown is how much Sibert will contribute. I would expect him to have a season not unlike Vee's. But, they are not really ball handlers. They are scoring/slashers.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".