Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,106 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer'95 View Post
I'm just saying that if finding someone who sees this as a destination job is your main criteria, then there weren't many candidates to consider. There was one. Grant was the only guy out there with a reason to view Dayton as a place he'd never want to leave, and had the resume to be considered a strong head coach. So it wasn't technically a search that happened. It was a single phone call.
I don't really care what you call it. A "search" or a "single phone call" (or a single text for that matter). All I care about is that we got a quality coach with fantastic background and ties to the university, not here to impress and build a resume only to bolt. A coach that sees this job as potentially a final destination/legacy. I'll take that kind of coach and commitment any day; especially if his name is Anthony Grant.
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (04-01-2017)