Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 02:52 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
No YOU'RE A LIAR! Stop being childish.

Going into the season we didn't have 6 scholarship players. So, with Dumb and Dumber, we had at least equivalent expected PG play, superior expected SG play, more proven post players of equal height and more bulk, and at least 1 PF who started from his freshman year.

Oh, and we had a coach in his 4th year, coming off an E8 run, with his system fully in place vs. a coach in his first year and a team full of freshmen.

Yessir, I would take that team over this team, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. If you say you would not, then you love Hitler and killing puppies.

Is there a soul here who wouldn't take that team over this one before the season started?!

How about after Dumb & Dumber left? Again, at that point we knew SS and KD and DP were a solid unit, with KP starting to show some signs of life. Compare that team (at December 15) to this team (at November 1) and I still take the team led by SS. Now there's no doubt we've got better PG play, there's no doubt we've got better SG play, Pierre offsets the expectations for Cunningham, XW has an advantage over Pollard, and KD has an advantage over every single player on this team you want to put on the court against him; we could see that by January 1.

We had already beaten Texas A&M and Boston College, and our record was 7-3.

And we still had a coaching advantage on the old team.

It's still the 2014-2015 team, hands down, game / set / match.
I really don't give a darn what happened prior to us being down to 6 scholarship players. Everyone on here thought our season was destroyed when dumb and dumber got kicked off the team, I'm sure you included. Don't try to rewrite history.