Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
shocka, what pops into my mind after reading your post is this. Yes, UD is good....but given all the advantages, why not better, much better?

A few years ago we cracked the Elite Eight...to the astonishment of everyone. It was great...thrilling. And we made it back in each of the next three years...but we accomplished less each successive year.

Coaches matter a great deal. But the game is about talented players. Why can't we recruit talent at the level of the three other schools being discussed? Are they more willing to bend the academic rules than Dayton? How about the character of the players they are willing to take? I know Ted Kissell has an opinion about that. I've discussed it with him.

I’d love to hear the explanation by Kissel.

The standard excuses are:
1. Too much top competition nearby; UC, Ohio State, Louisville, Indiana, Etc. (That did not bother x or But,et)
2. Lack of TV exposure.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-07-2018)