Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 04:36 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
From my viewpoint Cooke was out of sorts for this game. Even his defense early on was lazy. He got bailed out a few times for that point total imo. The gt'ing call was a prayer on his part. The injury just happened to coincide with a most-terrible looking attempt to score I've seen from him, personally. Not saying it was fake but just saying, human nature might've played a part in it looking worse than it was. Now I'm a Cooke fan, as some on here know but I have to be honest. By the same token I criticised Kyle's play early in the season and he's my favorite Flyer, which some know too. I am shifting money in my account though. Scoochie is far-and-away the player with the most pro potential on the team imo. Thought Cooke would blow up his senior year and he has done well, but not like I'd thought. So far anyhow. Forgiveness will be asked for if he blows up in the tournament. Got a feeling Scoochie will definitely rise to the occasion. Not leaving out Kendall for best player endorsement, we just have three great players on this team. Kendall is like a volatile stock to me. His bests are great but his worst leave a mark too. Might be too hard on Kendall. He is definitely capable of being the team's best player. I likened him to Barkley after I saw him play as a freshman and I've loved him ever since. Think he has a chance in the NBA.
Back in 2013-2014 season, it seemed like all the players were unselfish and knew to play within themselves. Out of absolute necessity that was also the case the following season. Scooch and Kyle have kept that team first mentality. But three players tend to want to deviate from that occasionally and with the fine line between winning a losing, we are lucky it hasn't cost us yet. Those 3 players are Pollard, Cooke and Crosby. Baby D(to a fault maybe), Mikesell and XW seem to always have that team first mentality. Miller and Trey I have no clue yet.

I really, really want to see Crosby totally forget about himself and think team all of the time because it starts at the point. I really believe that the team play of 2013-2014 carried all the way to now because Scooch and Kyle saw and learned. It can be lost though and it's going to be up to Crosby to keep it going.

Let me again say that Cooke has certainly improved in that aspect as has for a couple games Crosby. Kendall just can't help himself sometimes and it gets him into trouble sometimes.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-02-2017)