Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
So Notre Dame and Butler don't play each other, which means UD would not play Ohio State, unless a home-and-home between the two could be worked out every third year as outlined above - or some other arrangement could be made. UC and X could play their "Crosstown Shootout" every third year on a neutral court (in Cincy) as part of this tourney, but that isn't likely. A lot of details need to be worked out.
That's correct that ND and Butler never play but that is simply a byproduct of IU and Purdue not playing each other in the event because they are in the same conference and play each other in Big Ten games.

UC and X are not playing the crosstown shootout on a neutral court which is why I proposed the schedule above so UD and tOSU would have a chance to play. While I like my idea I don't think it will actually come to fruition. I think the most likely scenario is where UD and tOSU never play in the event and UD just plays UC & XU every other year in the event.