Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
As an Ohio State Undergrad, I would joke with my other SW Ohio friends, that a great wall of Columbus existed around I-270 that prevented any radio or TV waves from penetrating Columbus Metro, as folks there, didn't even know Dayton, Xavier, and UC had basketball programs. It was disgusting and hard to digest; but that was late 80's and early 90's, no internet.

Back to the UD Arena, can someone provide info on how both the two major portions of the UD Arena Project Fundraising is going? What do the numbers look like as of now; and I am wondering how much, if any, this season has adversely impacted the fundraising/contribution feelings?

It does seem as if some things are being done out of order, in terms of traditional construction concepts; and I suspect that furthers my suspicion that at-least half of this project is more about the NCAA Tournament, than it is the Dayton Flyers. Which I completely object to!
Have attended many a tOSU FB games in the past. The Columbus AM radio coverage post-game extends out about 15 miles from their campus and faded to black. Must be part of the FCC radio frequency assignment and radiated power restrictions. Course they have a radio network but nothing outside the COL metro area for quite a few miles.

Anyway, I found some OSU folks clue less on what else about FB or BB other than tOSU world, just like the NY folks lacked any thought about anything west of the Hudson River