Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Lets say he benched guys for not feeding it into the post. Who's on the court now? Give me your "feeding the post" lineup in the last six minutes. Sounds like several players make your naughty list, so give me the alternate lineup that sent all of the feeding-the-post failures to the bench that you wanted to roll with in the last six minutes -- let alone 13.

And what additional shortcomings does this replacement lineup now expose us to? Because any substitution about feeding the post must include a digestion of the entire skill set of those players because the players must also shoot, defend, and rebound.

Fans can make decisions in a vacuum. Coaches can't. This is a roster where fixing one problem exposes you to an entirely new set of problems. I would even submit that some of the problems on this team are unfixable. You can, at best, attempt to manage them.

How about we manage to make our FTs, not turn the ball over twice to start the second half, again late in the second half, and grab a couple important defensive rebounds? We do these things and never touch coaching and we win by 8-10 by doing nothing other than not tripping over our shoelaces. Instead of constantly asking "why doesn't Grant fix it?", why not ask the players "why do you always make it more difficult than it needs to be?"
I wasn't the one implying that he benched players for not feeding the post. I don't think he did and I don't think he emphasizes it enough. It is a philosophy issue that I have criticized Grant about throughout the year.

Grant has benched guys for various reasons throughout and it's exposed us to other problems. He's certainly made some decisions in a vacuum. I wasn't even advocating benching guys because it's a philosophy that needs changed.
Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (01-06-2018)