Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
More than five...

Originally Posted by TX Flyer View Post
Other than VCU, SLU, and UD...who would you consider they also get to revolt? SBU? RI? maybe 5 schools total.
Originally Posted by Sitdowndigger View Post
Get ur point.....if however:

Richmond, Umass, St Joes, Davidson, GW
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know if "revolt" is the right word. But you get the point. In addition to the five mentioned by TX...definitely St. Joes and URI. Probably UMass and Davidson.

Facility investment is a solid indication of seriousness. Nothing can force 10,000 fans to show up for games. If a school's market will support only 5000 that's fine. But if the facility for 5000 is modern and up to date as regards press accommodations, TV, along with training and practice facilities that investment reflects commitment.

I have not seen St. Joes new facilities. But I have no doubt that BB is serious business at St. Joes...and in recent years the school has invested $20 million, or so, to modernize all aspects of its BB facilities. URI and UMass are top notch. UMass is in a special situation because of its commitment to FBS FB.

Good teams require the ability to recruit good HS players and good coaching staffs. And HS players and coaches can immediately assess a school's commitment to playing at the highest level when they see the facilities....they know what competing programs have.

I don't understand the A10's tolerance for poor facilities..since that is the primary indication of the priority a school places on BB excellence. As I've said before, perhaps those that really understand the dynamics know that the weak sisters in The A10 really aren't hurting programs like UD's. I just don't know. But for sure, any HS players and/or visiting coaches have no doubt about UD's commitment after seeing the Arena and related facilities.

Chris, have you ever discussed this sort of thing with Neil?