Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:14 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
In no way am I suggesting this is a possibility, but remember that Mikesell will most likely graduate this year. He is a free agent and can play anywhere next year with no sit out year.

Other than Ryan, the only other possibility would be Policelli based on the current playing time.

What we don't know is who among the four redshirt players is tearing it up in practice. If Watson or Chatman is clearly better than one of the existing guards (Cohill, Crutcher, or Davis) and they believe their playing time would be reduced, I suppose one of them might look for greener pastures but I really doubt that will happen.
We were in the same spot last year with Obi. Now that we’ve seen how far he came in his redshirt year I’ve been wondering how much of what he was doing in practice last year played into Kostas leaving. Granted, there was the lack of minutes, not buying into AGs system and hating the academic requirements. But knowing Obi would be competing with him for minutes had to also been part of the equation.

I doubt 3 of those 4 probably don’t exist with anyone currently in the rotation. They will have to compete against the four transfers for minutes but we all know there are minutes to be earned and distributed. Depth will be a new look for us next year. And how mature is Obi. I don’t think he’s too “concerned” he’s in the 6th man role for this team. He sees the benefits of watching the first 5-6 minutes from the bench. Great to see that attotude and buy-in. He’s a human highlight reel and with comments like that he will probably go down as one of the all-time fan favorites before he’s done.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (01-31-2019), jack72 (01-31-2019), Southwest (02-01-2019)