User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
I like AM. Being from Pittsburgh and being aware of his family and what his brother Sean had done while playing at Pitt, I can only wish good things for him but the jury is still out as to whether he is a great coach or just a good coach.

Did AM catch lightning in a bottle or was his success the result of being a great coach? If AM had stayed with UD for another 4 years and had similar success with an entirely new set of core players, I would say you have to see AM as a great coach. If AM has success with Indiana I would say we lost a great coach but as of now I do not know.

AM did not go small ball or go with six scholarship players on purpose. It was not brilliant coaching that put him in the situation he was placed but rather the actions of dumb and dumber. Still he had success with what he was dealt but was this because he had a special group of players or because he was the magical elixer that brought them together. Probably a little of both but how much of both? How much credit goes to AM and how much to Davis, Pollard, Schooch and Pierre? We do not know and only by repetition with another different group of players will we even be able to make an educated guess.
Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (02-01-2019)