User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 12:29 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
Let's see;

Head Coach at IU, $4 MILLION PER YEAR, married to Morgan. No, I don't see any problems.

But seriously, while I'm not particularly rooting for the miller's, Indiana fans have to realize this is not your Bob Knight era IU basketball. And, in all likelihood, it never will be again in my lifetime...I'm 49.

With that said, Archie will end up getting fired and ran out of town, it's just they way it works now. Maybe its,next year, maybe it's in three more seasons, but he should enjoy it while he can.

In the end, I'm only rooting for Anthony Grant and My Dayton Flyers; as I have no worries about silly over the hill IU basketball.
Great post- I wonder if it has remotely crossed Archie's mind that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. It's too new to say his job security is threatened, but at UD he never received this kind of criticism from the media. Think about it- in his first ever head coaching job he was the frickin king of the universe (just below Rollo of course), knew he could get back to the Sweet 16 or better, had the ultimate in job security and support, outstanding facilities, and was making millions over his brief career. I understand career ambition but still. When is enough enough when it comes to moving from the right place for you and your family? I know the answer, but just trying to make a point.