Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 AM
General

Thanked 5,386 Times in 2,348 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Any coach worth his weight in salt takes credit for a win.

Any coach worth his weight in salt always takes the blame for a loss.

That's my thinking on the Polls. Sometimes I include AG because I actually believe he was the reason we pulled out an unexpected win, but in all honesty can any of you give AG the most credit for the URI win??

Like CO2/global warming, I believe AG 'contributed' to the win, but he's not the cause of it.
Unless AG built a robotic suit that allowed him to control our 6-12 shooting from 3, and somehow created a vudoo doll that made URI go 3-19 at home, then he simply gets credit for doing his job in my book.

When you have superior talent by that wide of a margin you can only screw it up, you can't be the cause of the win.

That's why coaches only take blame for losses. If you have superior talent you're supposed to win. If you don't, it takes a heroic effort by the players to win.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-13-2019), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (02-11-2019)