Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the update.

I was simply picking up on the concerns about when you install certain things, in terms of construction destruction. When you say move to another arena, you are largely changing the facts on me; or at-least on what UD did. They choose not to do that, and they got a late start following last season. Why the need for serious cost cutting, if the fundraising is going that well? I am not totally buying that!

Nor do I think UD needed a $72 million renovation. Half that perhaps; but there is no recruit in America who will see the remolded version and say wow, I just have to come here, as opposed to what they would have otherwise felt either prior to the renovation or without any renovation. Upgrading the lounge and flight deck and private box areas, will not "move" a recruit...not happening.

The sound and tech systems were upgraded largely due to the NCAA tournament issue. Again, I don't approve of the NCAA Tournament "Give Away Project" as the top priority of use of the building.

The renovations are happening, so I am not fighting or rejecting it, whatever it is, it is; but not completely necessary at this level.

And, to answer your question, no, you would never install and hang the video systems, or the lower bowl seats, without installing all of the upper arena seats at the same time. The mess will be horrific; and that's not exactly a great way to treat the already installed materials. Not to mention, there is some risk to damaging part of it.

Again, I appreciate the update and thoughts, but I am looking for a number or percentage of goal amounts fundraised to this point.