User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 04:43 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
As practices will start in earnest on October 4, I have a question for you astute sports performance management mavens. I have been reading some articles on the web about a variety of performance tracking technologies. Using RFID, a chip is placed on the ball. A chip is placed on the players clothing. Given a few student assistants managing the software, a variety of analytics can be tracked. Farming this data can provide insights into player enhancement opportunities. Statistics such as speed of a shot, elevation of the shot, speed of the pass, running speed, position of players on particular plays and other data can be mined. I will not mention the names of the competitive products here. Can anyone share some information about data gathering during practices? Can this software be active during exhibition games? Can this software be active during non-conference games? Can this software be active during A10 or NCAA games? I do believe that it is all about the data.
Posted via Mobile Device