Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Beating Xavier....

My comment "beat Xavier" appears to have been misinterpreted by all. I did not mean that to be taken literally. Of course, UD could go 2-28 in a season with the two wins coming over Xavier. Would that be success?

What I meant was this. No one can deny that for years X has been exactly where we want to be, i.e., they are at or near the top of the A10, they make the Dance, they win when they do, typically they are ranked, BCS teams and/or anyone else will play X,.....X is a top-tier team in the eyes of collge BB enthusiasts. In a typical season they beat Dayton like a drum.

X is THE game on UD's schedule; when the Enquirer discusses X's schdeule Dayton isn't even mentioned as a afterthought.

What I meant was this; if we elevate the level of our program such that UD-X means something again, when we can beat X at least half the time, at that point we will have positioned ourselves where we want to be.

I did not mean that defeating X will define a season;.....play as good as X consistently and everything will take care of itself is what I meant. And I believe that is true.