Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
Agree. I had hopes that we'd hit the ground running and even have an outside shot at an at-large invite. That's not our team today. It's going to take time for the team to gel and frankly for Coach Grant to get his players coached up. It may get worse before it gets better.

I'm fine with CAG giving the freshman lots of minutes, getting thru the growing pains and lets see what we can do at the A-10T. If nothing else, we'd be far better prepared for next season. May not be fair to DD (who has amazed me so far) but he's getting tons of playing time to show his stuff, and the advantage of being in the A10 is that we can win that **** tournament.
I love the freshman class we have! I would like to see Kostas start but some have suggested that his conditioning is preventing him from more minutes. I agree some players are showing a lack of effort but he is not one of them! What Baby D has done up to this point is almost miraculous as opposed to last season and it is clear that he and Josh are going to be the leaders on this team. X is a good free throw shooter and needs to get to the line more. The only way to do that is to take the ball hard to the basket (like Hofsta and ODU did to us) and draw fouls. X could average double figures and seeing the free throws go in the basket may break him out of his 3 point shooting slump!

The learning curve is always going to be rough. We need to be patient and let both the team and CAG learn from their mistakes. AM made mistakes and he figured it out! Sometimes it takes players till their senior year (Devin Oliver and Darrell Davis) to have the freedom necessary to reach their full potential. Others sooner.

I for one will be happy if we get the offense and defense figured out and improved by the time the A-10 conference games start in January.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (11-21-2017), Runnin' Rebel (11-20-2017), TA111 (11-20-2017)