Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 11:24 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,430 Times in 755 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The Croatians don't have an issue with the Czechs. That said, the Croatians were subjugated by the Austro Hungarian empire, which included the Czech area. Archduke Franz Ferdinand had a hunting chateau (Konopiste...look it up) a short distance from Prague. He was assassinated in Sarajevo, and Bosnia is not confused with Croatia.

But, there could be some differences resulting from WWII. The Czech area was brutally ruled by Germany, and their have long been criticisms of Croatia being Nazi sympathizers. It's a bit of a go to card for the Serbs. There was a concentration camp north of Zagreb, which is their Exhibit A. Of course, Tito was from Croatia, and he did align with the Allied forces to push back against Germany.

I guess this is my not so brief way of saying that there isn't a long standing feud between the Czech Republic and Croatia. I do warn that no one should group Croatia with the Czech Republic and other Eastern Bloc countries. That should **** off any proud Czech. The Soviets did not occupy Yugoslavia.
Mad Props to Hyde Park Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
udx2 (02-25-2018)