Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,010 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I totally agree everyone would be thrilled if he was here, and he will continue to get better. However I'm not sure how many would have been thrilled if we had recruited him at 6'9" 300 lbs. and out of shape. Loyola did a nice job of getting him to lose some weight and get in shape.
I would have been fine with it. I was ecstatic when they signed Big Steve. Excited what I had heard about him and more excited by the other schools showing real interest in him later on. This is the part of the crap shoot in recruiting and development the staff needs to do. Archie took a shot at an overweight and OOS Big Steve and it was paying off big-time. Very few of these BIGS are finished products the day they hit college for the first time. You hire a great S&C staff...

UD is not good enough to have their pick of the litter in players and never has been. Crystal ball and development will always be crucial to their success as in most teams..