Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:03 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,815 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
Maybe I just don't remember but I don't think I saw Trey in enough, (any), non garbage time last year to form an opinion about his defense.
He got some spurts at the beginning of the season and was a step slow on D. Slow on the rotations and slow on ball D. After those chances (primarily the Nebraska game), there wasn't really a place in the lineup for him and I think that his only shot at increasing minutes, albeit not by many, hinged on his D. Obviously he is a new player this season and there are many reasons for that.

Trey at least got opportunity in garbage time and showed flashes of what he can do. Pierce isn't even getting garbage time (although there hasn't been much of it). That is the concerning part.

While these stats aren't saying much, they do say something for comparison sake. Trey had 5.8 mpg and had 3 ppg and 1.5 rpg in those limited garbage minutes. Probably the most "garbage time" production you will see. You could still see that he was going to turn into a good player. Pierce at this point in time, hasn't even sniffed at the floor but in 2 games for a total of 4 minutes. I just find it really hard to believe that there hasn't been a point where a serviceable 6'11'' dude hasn't had an opportunity for some minutes when we literally have two bigs that are still undersized for their position. I guess time will tell.