Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
The questions to ask each year. What is the difference between UD and Villanova, or other highly successful Catholic colleges?

Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
The economic and academic impact of the BB program to VU is beyond incalculable. VU BB is regarded as the best program in the Country and Wright the best coach. And the PR!

If you are an alumnus of Tufts or Lehigh, for example, two top-tier NE private universities a solid notch above VU academically....and you live in Ala, Tex, CA, Kansas, or Ohio,...and you mention that you went to TU or LU you almost surely will be greeted with the blank stare I receive 100% of the time when I mention I went to UD. But say Villanova in any of those states or others and the school's name recognition will be instant....athletic success at the highest level is that important.

Villanova's basketball reputation and resulting institutional recognition means as much to the school, if not more, than anything else. Jay Wright may decide someday he'd like to coach a pro team. But, VU will never lose him to another school. I'm certain VU would match any offer JW will ever receive. He's got it made and probably knows it.

Having been raised in the shadow of VU, almost went there myself, as did each of my two best friends,...I'm green with envy. What has been achieved at VU is beyond our wildest dreams and ambitions. Great for them, I'm happy for VU (but I'm very envious.).
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-03-2018)