User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 03:17 AM
Captain

soccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoccerflyer has a spectacular aura about
The conference at the top is not what it once was, that's for sure. The better soccer has been on hiatus this year but hopefully it returns. I have heard the incoming classes for both Dayton and La Salle are pretty strong.

I watched VCU play twice this year and I'm as perplexed as you. Four of five losses of VCU's in conf were by 1 goal and they're being outscored 12 to 15 in A10 matches which does not really equate to their 2-5-2 record. Out of conf they had been 6-1-1 with a 21-7 goal differential so I was fairly certain they were going to make a run at St Louis. Then when St Louis came in and actually trounced them at SportsBackers Field with a 4-0 first half, it seems to have ruined their momentum and they could not get it back. Other teams like St Joe's and George Mason at least played St Louis competitively.

I'm mostly impressed with what GW has been able to accomplish. Whether they win the title or don't on Sunday, they had a great season with 11-1-3 record and a 95-ish RPI.

For Sunday, keep in mind, there is a 95% chance of rain. I heard La Salle for some reason does not invest in rain gear for all of its outdoor broadcasts, so this will likely be an old fashioned gametracker / twitter me situation! You would think they would have the wherewithal. You mentioned La Salle being a risk to sweep the Flyers. La Salle is not playing at full strength. It will be interesting to see if they can hold their own. Without their last year's assists leaders (O'Brien, Cox, Shanahan) in the line-up the offense has taken a hit. [Shanahan is the midfielder that as a sophomore scored the quick insurance goal, eventual game winner, two years ago to knock us out of the A10s. She's missed the latter part of the season with an injury.] Against UMass yesterday, La Salle was outshot 28-5! Despite this, La Salle had two leads but gave them up and lost.

The problem with the 4/5 game is that you're in St Louis bracket in the semifinal, assuming SLU takes care of business against GW, which is no certainty. Dayton would do well to clinch the 3 seed just in case, but will need help from none other than VCU, against UMass, for that to be a possibility.