Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 11:26 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,162 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Agree w/everyone's thoughts. Today's match was really lost last week in 2nd half on the same field. That was a two-loss 45 minutes of pain after being up 2-0 and getting clobbered after intermission. Were this a home game, we might have had a chance.

Its so evident in watching that we lack the physicality of the rest of the league. A lot of that is our youth. We need to hit the weight room big-time in the offseason because LaSalle and others threw us around like rag dolls for 50/50s, headers, and loose change in each goal box this year. I think the frosh class gave us all they could. They didnt have much help. But as ud69 said, we need 2-3 more of these kinds of recruiting classes to return to vintage Flyer form.

I said earlier I thought Sheldon and Goins would be All Rookie. I still think that, but I think Navarro Leon may get on there too. One again today she was very solid and the one player we have that can put balls on a teammate's foot. She has no stats to speak of but she basically played all the minutes of the entire season at center midfielder. She is small and needs strength, but she did a LOT of good work in there this year that too often went unappreciated. Played to feet, gave us some possession when we really needed it. Tracked back for some defense. Im not sure I saw many other frosh midfielders get asked to do as much as her and deliver as much either.

She will like playing with Diana Benigno next year in the midfield.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
soccerflyer (11-02-2019)