Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
I have been advocating all along even before Steve's death that each position starter shoild have an under-study. That under-study becomes the practice buddy for each position. The starter and the under-study challenge each other and make each other better. A lucky guy, Steve's under-study because he could practice every day against an NBA type center body type. Then if due to injury, illness or foul trouble, its the next man up. But, there was no backup planned for the center position. Sam Miller is not that guy. He is a forward. I even gave examples like Johnnie Davis and Donald Smith made each other better by practicing against each other. Prior to Steve's death and I continue to believe that you've got to have succession planning for every position.
Posted via Mobile Device
This isn’t about the lack of a succession plan. Steve just finished his freshman year and should have had 3 more years ahead of him. His “lucky” understudy would have also been a freshman, which likely means he would have been a backup for 4 years. That’s not a succession plan. Steve’s death isn’t something that could been planned for and certainly isn’t a hole that can be filled in 6 weeks.
Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (06-27-2016)