Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Are you saying that all decisions require unanimous approval? If that was the case how could anything ever get done? When I was a grad student at Northwestern, the only private in the Big 10, I recall NU complaining often about "always being on the short end of 9-1 votes", Certaining that suggests that unanimity was not required in the Big 10 at the time. I can see a 2/3 requirement, for example. But how could one or two A10 members dictate policy for the entire conference? Does anyone know the facts?
I actually forget the specifics. It also depends on what's being voted on. When it comes to deciding something like where to host the conference tournament it's a simple majority. When it comes to something like adding new members or changing/adding to the bylaws, it's either unanimous or over 75%.

It differs from conference to conference on how the voting works, or what it is that they even vote on.