Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Wish List
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
that level of patience and development as far as I know doesn't exist in the P5 leagues. You're literally building a guy from the ground floor up often teaching basic skills with a payoff 3-4 years down the line.

McDermott was a guy that came up from the D2 ranks, those levels of basketball unless you find a real diamond in the rough, the only way you get them is if you develop them yourself
What wasn't said but absolutely needs to exist is a kid willing to take the time to work on his game. Proof of that is Jordan Pierce.

My guess is that AG had all intentions of red shirting him when practice started in the fall. The kid didn't work and AG knew he wasn't going to stick. Transferring to another school would mean a one year redshirt so there was no loss to Pierce that he played in a couple games.

I'm guessing, in today's immediate gratification culture, it is harder and harder to find a kid willing to play minimal minutes for three years and spend the time working his craft for a payout of playing meaningful minutes for two years.