User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
I think AG had to play bad cop last year to weed out the ones who would not buy in to the school and the system or could not cut it at the D1 level. He must have known last year was a lost cause, and the only way up was to prune the tree and lop off the dead branches. (Remember "Being There" with Peter Sellers? "As long as the roots are not severed, all is well...")

He got rid of Miller, Crosby, Williams, Pierce, Svoboda, Antetokunmpo, kept the roots in Cunningham, Landers, Crutcher, Davis, and now adds back Mikesell, Matos, Cohill, Policelli, and Toppin. Big improvement over last year. And it appears that everybody is on the same page - AG's page.

Then add Watson, Chatman, Tshimanga, and Sissoko to replace only Cunningham next year. Major turnaround.

I'm hungry about this year, being underrated, and I'm absolutely salivating over next year. AG's main problem will be finding playing time for everyone and getting the right mix in the game at the right time. Good problem to have.

Can't wait for the season to begin. These could be some magic years ahead.
I'm looking for UD to surprise some people this year and absolutely rock the house next year - GO FLYERS!!
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-10-2018), Flyer14 (10-11-2018), Lowd&ProUD (10-10-2018), San Diego Flyer (10-11-2018), steverino015 (10-10-2018), UDGutter2 (10-10-2018)