User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Well, what can you say? If you snooze you lose. If these other players want to be Flyers, then they should commit before some other player, who also has an offer, maybe takes their spot. If they wait too long, then they are rolling the dice.
4 years ago Kyle Davis committed and as a result took the spot of another SG who had UD in his final list. Do you know who that other SG was? EC Matthews. Now while I love KD, no doubt EM is the better player.

Point being, I think the coaches need to gamble a bit. They want to pressure the kids to commit while in town so they cn get someone versus no one, but if the better player is coming in a few weeks, wait.

This is happening now with Darryl Morsell. 4 star SG. Final schools Maryland, Nova, VaTech, ND and ...us. Some sites have him in top 60 and rising. Apparently he has a great relationship with UD staff. He scheduled his visit with us last. Oct 23 weekend - the red and blue game I don't think that's a coincidence. I think he wants to go to UD and the staff wants him, hence the scheduled visit last, and on a big weekend for the program. If youre AM, how do you handle the recruiting of guys like Keith Williams and Anthony Gaines if they're on campus first? How do you balance waiting for the decision of DM versus for sure getting your number 2 guy? And same thing with 4 star Tyler Polley who has us in his final 5 along with Uconn, Tennessee, OkSU and Pitt. That's why he gets paid the big bucks I guess

Last edited by 224; 09-12-2016 at 12:58 PM..
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-12-2016)