Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
You Make the Call - Smacking the backboard

I reffed an AAU tourney this past weekend and here's a YMtC to ponder...

It's an up and down game...fast paced, little defense and even less fundamentals. Kids at the AAU level love to show off their dribbling skills and deep 3's, and rarely like to show off their defensive skills...which makes the royal ref sad because we all know you win with defense (except the Cavs...they win with LeBron!).

So Joey-the-Cherrypicker takes off deep after a shot. His teammate grabs the miss and throws it deep for a layup. Little does Joey know that James-the-Swatter is on his tail. Joey goes in for the layup and at the last second, sees the Swatter and double pumps.

The double pump was a little strong and went higher off the backboard than planned...but Swatter went for it anyway and with as much energy and effort as possible, went for the rejection...but missed!

Because Swatter missed the ball, there was a very loud 'WHACK' as his palm smashed against the backboard. Because Joey was a little intimidated and tossed the ball too high, the shot completely missed the rim...a very embarrassing airball!

You're the ref....what's your call....

Last edited by rollo; 05-08-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Advertisement