Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Don't agree

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
UConn and UC are going nowhere. If I'm wrong about that, it doesn't mean the AAC is just going to dissolve and let all of the other teams get poached. What makes people think the B12 (if it actually ever does expand) wants those two? Why wouldn't it take much more logical choices like Air Force and BYU? Just because it has one eastern team that doesn't mean new additions will also be eastern. They don't have to appease WVU's travel concerns at this point.

I think we are the only obvious choice for the BE outside of VCU. We have the edge over VCU because we are catholic and private. SLU and Richmond would work, but their only perceived benefit over UD is the completely false notion that they bring a "new market" and UD doesn't.

If the AAC/BE don't want us the only other option is A10 additions. We aren't subtracting anyone and creating a "new conference" is just mental you-know-what.
In my opinion, SLU is a far better choice than UD. Look at a map. SLU provides a bridge to CU, is Jesuit and does provide a better TV market. I don't think it would be close call.