Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,763 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Was not 100% certain on Steele, I am rarely 100% certain of anything. But, I still think Steele was the right choice, although, I am still not 100% sure he will work out...do not understand why any coach would leave their best 3 point shooter on the bench while trying to mount a comeback, do you want to try to win the game or not?, seems like they gave up and just conceded defeat...I want to see entertaining, never-give-up ball from all teams... all you can do is make an educated guess when hiring a hc...Archie was our best coach in decades, I think a lot of his success would have rubbed off on his assistants...Xavier, Butler, VCU, etc. have successfully used the in-house approach...not happy with what I have seen from AG so far...did not like what I saw from AG pre-UD...would not have hired AG based upon his track record.

I think AG was a low-risk, low-reward choice. He is not awful, but I think we can do better.
None of Archie's Assistants have become head coaches anywhere. Not sure if any have interviewed for ahead coach D1 job outside of UD since Archie left. Tom Ostrom did apply for the UD job.