Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:51 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
PR for UD

I don't know where to post this....I suppose this thread is OK.

I doubt if UD BB would have gotten any more PR if we had won the national championship. This was truly an extraordinary once in a lifetime year for Flyer BB.

Player of the year! Coach of the year! Those things don't often happen together.

And the national PR. Sunday's Hartford Courant devoted an entire page to the Flyers....top to bottom, border to border. There was a large headline, a photo of the team with the A10 trophy and a photo of Obi. The article was lifted from the DDN. It was great!

This evening's local paper..again large headlines re our player and coach of the year.

Guys, this is Connecticut. Not the Mid-west. When the Dayton women played Quinnipiac two years ago I went to the game wearing my finest UD sweatshirt. A guy near me asked "Where is Dayton?" Think about that, Where is Dayton!

Well, today people in CT that read the sports pages of their papers know about Dayton. There isn't enough money in the world to buy the publicity we enjoyed this memorable season.

Go Flyers! Go forever Flyers!
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-25-2020), jack72 (03-26-2020), John C. (03-26-2020), ud69 (03-25-2020), UDEE79 (03-26-2020), Viperstick (03-25-2020)