Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Build a new football stadium on the other side of the river, closer to campus.

Sign a 50 year lease with Dayton City Schools, $1 a year to play their two football games per week at the new stadium, as well as the couple of track meets they have every year, contingent upon bull dozing Welcome. Win win for everyone involved, since Dayton Public is so broke. Hell, I will pay the $1.

Or my other idea I have posted before, cut a deal with the city of Dayton (who is also broke and could use the $) for the city park behind C/D lots, pave it over and add an extra back entrance / exit on Cincinnati Street.

I ain't the brightest light bulb in the box, but this sure as heck isn't rocket surgery to figure out a solution.
Trying to buy the park seems like the better of the two ideas to me. I simply see no reason waste valuable land on the other side of the river closer to campus for a football stadium. If you really want a football stadium on campus you build it where Baujan currently is and share it with the soccer teams. It's not like it needs to have some huge capacity that would take up anything more than part of that parking lot near Baujan. I realize that would mean field turf which isn't ideal for the soccer teams though.

Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
You can walk at the same speed as the shuttle will deliver you. Depending upon the waiting time it might be faster to walk.
This is why I simply choose to park on Stewart St, the streets close to them, or at the Job Center like I did for a game this year when the traffic was backed up. It's really not that far to walk for most people, and you get the benefit of not having to deal with the lines of cars leaving A,B,C,&D lots.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (05-15-2017), UDBrian (05-14-2017)