Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
I don't think it matters when the NCAA does its investigation. When the FBI indicts agents, coaches, players, apparel company reps, an NCAA investigation would be useless and self-serving at best. The FBI has already begun shooting and when that happens a lot of people are going to get spattered. Some deservingly so and some not.

I agree. let Rome burn.

Am little concerned about Archie. He was there with Sean during this period. You have to believe that brothers \ assistant coach talk to each other about recruits, recruiting needs and who is out there.

I always thought that when the UD job came along that Archie would have discussed it with Sean before accepting. They certainly knew the UD program from their days at X. I was and am still pleased that Archie took the UD position. Maybe Sean wanted to keep his brother out of this recruiting stuff and safe.

Even though he left us for big bucks, I am hoping that Archie is more honorable and made sure this recruiting crap did not happen to him, on his watch or to his players.
I don’t think it’s Sean trying to “shield” his baby brother from the sharks and pit bulls of the big time programs. And no, I don’t have to believe that brothers talked about “everything” inside the business. Did Arch probably consult or get feedback from Sean re: the UD job? Sure. But to automatically assume that Archie is aware of “how it was done” or how his brother was doing it (recruiting) is not so cut and dry. I have four brothers and if one of us were doing something illegal or cause for termination inside of our trade/profession, I’m not sure that would be common knowledge amongst us.

IF “everyone” at the top level is doing what Sean is alleged to have done/proposed, then it’s probably naive to think that Archie wasn’t at least aware of the practice, not necessarily this particular instance. And IF Archie was aware of the practice, certainly doesn’t mean that was a practice that he was using, considering or even floating to others that could/should be at UD.

Do I believe ALL of the top programs are doing this? No.
Do I believe this Sean Miller incident is an isolated one. Also a No.