Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas Invited to NBA Draft Combine

I thought it was interesting that Kostas received an invitation to attend the upcoming NBA Draft combine in Chicago (May 16-20).

https://sports.yahoo.com/complete-20...211843026.html

Though the circumstances surrounding his UD career were unusual to say the least, in my opinion, it's a positive if he performs well and gets drafted. UD has not had a player drafted since Negele Knight.

This is kind of a separate discussion, but I have thought that one of the proverbial "next steps" we can take as a program is to get guys drafted and playing real roles in the NBA. That's the goal for pretty much any big-time player (NBA). It's been fun to follow Chris Wright, Chris Johnson, Brian Roberts, and Charles Cooke. But it would be more fun, and better for the program, for recruiting, etc. It's cool we can point to BRob and how he was a solid backup PG for a few years, and Chris Wright guarded Kobe for a couple possessions one game, but it would be sooo much better for us if we could point to a guy who was a successful first round pick. I'm not even asking for a 2-time MVP like Steph Curry out of Davidson. I'd be happy with a solid performer like Kenneth Faried out of Morehead State. Coach Kane helped to recruit and develop Cam Payne and Isaiah Canaan, maybe he can help us land someone who will be good enough to be drafted in the next couple years.

Anyway, I figure if Kostas does well and someone takes a *cough* flyer on him in the second round, he has a chance to bring some positive press to the program that we can use going forward. I wish he'd had a better career here at UD, and I wish he'd wanted to stay at least another year, but now that he's a former Flyer, I hope he does well.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-05-2018), OSU Flyer (05-05-2018), ud2 (05-06-2018), wes (05-05-2018)
Advertisement