Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
For the best.....

Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
When i attended UD, in the late 1970’s, my accounting instructor told the class that he was a part of a committe to evaluate NCR’s offer to transfer a large amonut of land to the university of Dayton. This was after many of the buildings were demolished but prior to all of the smoke stacks being demolished. There was much talk about building a new football stadium on part of the land and taking over the old river park. My accounting instructor said that the taxes were so high in the way the transfer would take place that the committee voted NOT to accept NCR’s offer. So, it was not until much later when this transfer took place and not until after the offer had been turned down, at least once.
Posted via Mobile Device
Turned out well...very well. As I recall, though, UD paid $50 million for the first 50 acre parcel incl Fitz Hall building.....then $25 million for the much larger ~ 100 acre parcel incl the HQ bldg. and River Park. Doesn't matter...we've got 'em.

The 25 acres bordering Patterson contains GE and Emerson...but there remains plenty of room for at least one more major tenant. Not an easy thing to land the "right" major-company tenant. Dayton's depressed economy still an issue, I think. I realize Dayton is on the road back and is making steady progress. But the region still is a shadow of its former self and much needs to be done.
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-19-2018)