Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Commitment

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I feel a little better about the A10 since the season ended.

Duquesne seems like they're making some steps in the right direction under Dambrot. With the recruits and transfers they've got coming in I think there's a real possibility of them moving out of realm of perpetually being a sub 200 RPI team. The A10 has tethered them to Dayton as a H/H opponent so it's big that the Dukes won't be potentially the worst RPI on the schedule

Ashley Howard is a home run hire for La Salle. No idea if he'll succeed there but on paper he's probably the best they could hope to do. Howard would have some options going forward at Villanova so that makes me somewhat optimistic he wouldn't have taken job without some assurances in terms of facilities/basketball commitment.

Rhode Island's AD wants to make the commitment to the basketball program to keep them at the top of the A10. Increased charter flights & assistant coach salaries and a new a basketball practice facility.

Richmond is building a $15 million dollar basketball practice facility.
Those are solid indications of commitment.

Which A10 schools with sub-standard facilities are not making similar commitments? In my opinion, UD has a responsibility to not tolerate that...anything that diminishes the A10 conference diminishes the value of UD's investment.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Dillomernda (05-18-2018), Flyer 86 (05-19-2018)