Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 10:06 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
I thought Frankie's entrance into the game was "interesting", and makes me wonder if CAG was trying to send a message to either Landers or Davis.

As far as the 2 great entry passes, the first one he performed to perfection, and Obi delivered on a great post move. Next time down the court, again, Cohill at the point, frankie on the wing, Obi posting up. Cohill swung the ball to Frankie, who looked for a fraction of a second at Obi and immediately passed it back to Cohill. When Cohill caught the ball, he immediately looked at Frankie and pointed at Obi as if saying "you dip, they can't gaurd that dude, throw it into him". Cohill swung the ball back to frankie, he pumped one way, then delivered a nice pass to Obi who made another nice move for the "and one".

At this point, the under 4:00 min kicked in and Cohill walks over to Frankie and immediately starts "coaching" him, and by the look of things, he wasn't mincing words. Meanwhile, coach Greer came out and took over for Cohill and talked to Frankie for a good 15 seconds. After all that, I thought it was a nice confidence boost that they left Frankie in after the under 4:00 (the air ball probably didn't help, but can't fault the coaches for that).

Couple things stood out to me, they had no answer to Obi down low. They were doubling Josh pretty hard, despite the 3 points, he didn't force much and looked to pass the ball out of the post which lead to several easy hoops. Last night was the first time all year that I thought Cohill looked like the top 100 recruit he was. Sure he had a couple of bonehead "freshman" mistakes, but I'm going to expect those, he stock to Charlie Moore like white on rice. Towards the end of the game, perhaps about 2:00 left, Charlie had missed another 3 pointer with Cohill draped all over him; I have no idea if DeWayne had said anything to him all night or not, but he was clearly in Chuck's head as they stood on the wing waiting for the ball to come up and offense to start, Charlie kept chirping, chirping, chirping and all Cohill responded with was a smile. Beautiful.
I believe Crutcher was playing the point during the sequence you described. The TV color guy highlighted that too.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (01-30-2019), Flyers98 (01-30-2019)