Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 01:52 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
That does not make me optimistic. I like Ryan a lot, but if he's the second best player on the court, we've got issues.
There is zero basis for this comment. Having not seen the best of RM, you've decided his best just won't do.

On a very good team where his job was to just do grunt work, and hobbled by injury, he got 5.7 / 3.9. (Devin Oliver: 4.9 / 5.0 as a sophomore in the same number of minutes.)

There is no reason he can't significantly improve on that, particularly from outside of 3, with better lift in his legs.

Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
There is a lot of man love for Landers on this board but if he is starting in the role he played this year the team will not be any better than this year and perhaps worse.
So you're saying you would take this lineup:
Crutcher (Fr.), Davis (Fr.), Davis (Sr.), Landers (So.), Cunningham (Jr.)

Over this lineup:
Crutcher (So.), Davis (So.), Landers (Jr.), Mikesell (Jr.), Cunningham (Sr.)

Good luck with that. How much shall we wager?

I remember this one guy who started as a sophomore. Couldn't shoot straight, undersized, and could only go left but played his heart out. Kyle something-or-other. Was the heart and soul of the team. Many said "if he's starting next year we're screwed". A GREAT many. He started as sophomore, then as a junior and a senior. That team turned out decent.

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I thought Paxson was very athletic. Deceptive quick.

There are exceptions to every rule. Larry Bird did not look athletic either. For every Larry and Jim, there are hundreds and thousands of players who are OK.

Mikesell did not exactly tear it up his first two years. He some moments here and there.

What I saw of Toppin, he is long and tall, has some quickness and has a nice touch around the basket. Again, only limited views this year.
SMH. You know, Mikesell has a lot in common with Larry Bird, John Chambers, John Paxon, Jim Paxon, John Stockton, Jerry West, Kevin McHale, Gordon Heyward, etc. And that thing is. . .

Now Toppin, HE'S QUICK. I once saw him dribble past a guy in practice.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (03-13-2018)