Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Three players stood out last night.

Mikesell has really rounded into a team leader. We have to remember that despite being a redshirt junior, he's only played a small handful of minutes with any of his teammates prior to this year (Cunningham and Landers played very few minutes in 16-17). It took him about 15 games to get his game on point, but it is and I don't see it changing for the worst.

Toppin is doing things that nobody else on the current roster is physically capable of doing. The stick-back slams yesterday were legendary and those type of hustle plays demoralize opponents.

Cohill changed the whole tone of yesterday's game with his defense on Charlie Brown. Dwayne was Lucy pulling the football away at the last second.

I'm voting for Cohill of the three. He didn't have the best game, but he had the biggest delta between expectation and contribution.

Edit: I guess I'm not voting, since like most elections, my preferred candidate isn't on the ballot.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-30-2019), Jeff (01-30-2019), springborofan (01-30-2019)