Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 09:46 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
8:59 in the play by play from ESPN.com suggests a Jalen Crutcher foul, which was not an offensive foul/TO since it coincided with two (2) Gudmundson free throws also at 8:59, which also happened 4 seconds AFTER a Davidson offensive rebound at 9:03.

Just watched the replay. There was not anything resembling a Dayton or Crutcher TO at the 8:59 mark. Davidson missed a contested/blocked layup, got his own rebound, kicked it out and then Crutcher fouled him on the drive.

Turnovers were not an issue the last 10 minutes of the game.

Going to watch to see what offensive possessions were questionable.

One empty possession was Toppin missing front end of one and one
Another was a Crutcher floater, wide open from 8 feet, after what appeared to be a Crutcher push off on the wing
The other was a Mikesell three attempt after a kick out from Crutcher after he got into the paint (03 seconds on shot)
Next possession was a Crutcher WIDE OPEN three on a Toppin kick out, with ALL the time in the world to set up that he missed
Toppin offensive foul was next
Next possession was poor. Didn’t attack until less than 10 on shot, ball knocked out, ended up with a off balance Crutcher floater as shot was expiring
Next possession was made triple by JD
Next possession Toppin got fouled and made free throws
Next possession was poor, after ball got tipped into the back court with about 12 on the shot and then missed a JD floater with about 6 on shot
Next possession was steal and dunk

Summary: There weren’t too many possessions that ended in a low quality shot and only two, maybe a third on Mikesell’s three, where the offense didn’t get into a flow or just waited too long. I’ll stand by my observation that giving up points on 15 straight possessions to end the game was by far the dominating factor of the Davidson run and had very little to do with not running our offense or committing turnovers.

If you have access to the DVR of the game, I’d encourage you to watch that stretch again. I think you’ll get a different or refreshed perspective. Only took me about 15/20 minutes to forward thru the possessions
I always watch the replays of tv games, and usually the questionable or controversial plays in slow mo. My summary of the TO's was from the official scorers accounting of the game.
What I saw and recorded was our offense scored at almost 2 points per minute until the 8 minute mark. Then we went into what the announcer's referred to "try not to lose offense" and scored a point a minute. It looked like the dreaded "Tampa 2" defense in the NFL, only it was on offense.

Our offense was good for 32 minutes, and our defense was good for 35 minutes. Both WAY MORE than the "which half" you referred to. And in those closing minutes, both were partially capable and equally culpable if we are playing the blame game.