User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
The team came out cold and flat. It had been 8 days since the last game. The team was focused on exams. We got beat at the skill positions. Their guards out played our guards. We did not get beat by their bigs. The book on Tulsa prior to the game was that their guards liked to drive to the lane and force fouls. It appeared to me that Dayton players were coached to expect this. Dayton did a great job in prohibiting their drives. We dared them to settle for a 3 point shot. To our surprise, Tulsa made their 3 point shots in the first part of the game. Dayton missed several layups. Maybe Tulsa defended well that caused the miss? We dug ourselves a hole in the first half and then showed great togetherness to follow the coaches strategy of play and got it to even at the half. But, that took a lot of emotion to accomplish. I was concerned how the second half would be played. We came out and scored right away. I was hopeful.

Our skilled positions at guard got out played in the second half. The only time that a rim protector would of helped was when Davis got faked out of his socks. Davis stepped right and the Tulsa guard stepped left and blew by him to a layup.

Even with all this, it came down to Mikesell missing an open 3 pointer. He missed the GAME shot.
Posted via Mobile Device