Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 02:20 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I said this in an earlier post and don't think it's that far out there that it's beyond the realm of what's happening: I'm starting to think that he's trying to drive these players to transfer to ensure he can fill it next season with more of his recruits.

So Pierce/J. Davis/Svoboda/Kostas (3), Landers/Mikesell(2), Cunningham/Williams/Crosby(1) That's a total of 19 seasons of AM's players for AG's 2nd season-4th seasons. I'm realizing that just might be a bit too much to ask of a new coach that wants to install his system. AM's classes of 1(Trey and Baby D) and classes of 4 (Cunningham, Mikesell,Crosby, Williams) and (Pierce/J. Davis/Svoboda/Kostas) worked for AM but might just be too much for a new coach to want to play out the string with.

As was discussed in another thread, UD will not pull scholarships for performance and certainly not for a change in coaches so maybe this is AG's way of reinforcing the point that some of these players need to choose to move on. It's cold yes, he needed them to fill a roster this season, but he no longer needs them after this.

I'm starting to think there's no other way unless the University, the coaches and the fans want a 4 year gradual rebuild and after the success we just experienced, I doubt any do.

So let's say he's evaluated and the only players he wants of AMs is Cunningham J. Davis, Landers and Mikesell(has to give him chance right?). And with Toppin and Cohill coming in plus Crutcher, that's 7 players plus a few more of his own recruits next year. Maybe one more of AM's players stay (Kostas Williams or Svoboda). He's got a team next season and sped up the process of turning over the roster.

Makes sense to me.
Possible but he could also just have a conversation with those guys after the season. Ralph Hill and Stephen Thomas got it, I'm sure AG could do the same. Players for the most part don't want to sit the bench and I'm sure someone between a conversation and say having a Soph. PG getting major minutes and offers going out to a newcomer being brought in at PG see the writing on the wall for their playing time