User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I had said this when the original NBE started but it's probably worth mentioning again. I had a conversation with someone affiliated with the Providence basketball program who I know and who I consider to probably have some decent inside knowledge of this. He told me back when they chose the three new members that Dayton was not selected as a concession to Xavier. But he also said that Xavier was told that this was only until the league expands again, although there was no timetable as to when that expansion would happen. Obviously things may have changed since then but I always thought that was a pretty good sign that we may be in the next wave if expansion did happen.
I certainly hope that's the case- and we can't wait too long to become relevant again in the NCAAT. Archie did wonders for this program's profile, and despite having completely different strengths I am thinking Coach Grant will regain the momentum quickly. Many of us just do not appreciate the importance of being in the BE with our natural peers.
Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (12-14-2018)