Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Frankie
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 09:17 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
I see a handful of people trashing Frankie, and quite a few people who are sticking up for him. Count me in the latter camp.

It’s obvious at this point that Frankie would have benefited from the redshirt year, but with Jhery’s injury that plan had to be scrapped. In what little game time he’s getting, I’m seeing the kid making incremental progress. In Saturday’s game, I thought he played pretty good D for a freshman with as little court time as he’s had. And the baseline move that got him under the basket was pretty good, until he gave the defender an arm bar.

I believe, in the long run, he’ll be able to contribute to the program in a positive way, and for historical perspective to support this belief, I submit 2 names: Chris Daniels and Anthony Grant, the player. For 3 seasons, it looked like CD was going to be no better than a guy who could eat minutes at the 5, but in his Senior year, he blossomed into possibly the 2nd best post player in the A10 (behind Marcus Camby) before the heart condition took him from us way too soon (R.I.P., #33 <3). Moving on to Grant, since the guy ahead of him on the depth chart was Roosevelt Chapman, AG didn’t see a lot of action as a freshman. And, in what little time he did see, he gave no indication that he could develop into a 3-year starter. But yet, that’s exactly what happened.

Give Frankie some time. I believe he’ll work out just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not a handfull, just one , and he would bad mouth Santa Clause.
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (12-31-2018)