Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
One problem I see around here is that too many minions can't differentiate between 'losing' and 'quitting'. One is frustrating, the other unacceptable.

Thru my royally rose colored glasses, I see a team of marginal talent busting their butts and coming up short. Never have I seen anyone quit...although I have seen a couple brain-farts (Kostas!) that were immediately dealt with.

If this team ever quits, I'll be the first (or 2nd as udscott may beat me to it at 2:15 am) to throw everyone under the bus. But as is, we're a young team hoping to win, playing to win, but unable to do it against teams with more experience winning.

Grant will right the royal yacht and - assuming Cunningham returns - we'll be a very hard team to beat next season.

Tag this post. In 365 days, you can quote me. The King, doubling as an amateur prophet, will not disappoint.
For the most part...I agree. I pay close attention to body language and non-verbals during games, especially from those on the bench. I won't call him out by name here, but a certain non-freshman will come out of the game, sit back in his chair, and throw his arms around the chairs on either side of him, sip some water, and give the impression he could care less. Unless, from AG's lips to my ears, I hear that he's hurt or otherwise battling injury (why would he be playing?)...I perceive this as quitting.

Watch (pick a game, pick a team) tonight on TV. Count how many teams fly off the court and into the locker room at halftime. The good ones do, regardless of the score. Archie's Flyers did it too. Then watch this year's Flyers. It's not the only indicator on the give-a-**** meter, but it's an indicator to me.

Last edited by Radar; 02-06-2018 at 03:24 PM..