Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 11:51 AM
1st Lieutenant

UD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud ofUD_Earl has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
You heard what you wanted to hear in that quote. He isn't saying he wants to stay here forever - he is saying he likes the security of being able to stay here a long time if UD wants him to - not that he actually will do that.

Plus, what is he supposed to say? "Oh yeah, I'm out of here first chance I get!" Of course he was going to say he wants to stay.

Indiana is a better job. He should have taken it and he did. I suppose you have never left one job for another...
To some Indiana may be a better job, just ask all of the coaches that have been fired there over the years if they agree. Bigger is not always better. Is Indiana a better "job" than Gonzaga? I have to wonder if Archie is really happier at Indiana. He might be able to recruit at a higher level there, but does that make it a better "job"? Only he knows right now. I watched a video of Archie speaking to the Indiana home crowd after the senior night loss last week - something looked and felt off about it. In my opinion, Archie and Dayton were a very good match - the undersized point guard coaching the underdog. To me, something does not fit with Archie and Indiana. Maybe time will prove me wrong, but I think he had a really good job and left for what he thought might be a better job. Let's see how he feels in a few years. I wonder what Tom Crean would say?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD_Earl For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (02-28-2018), superfan99 (02-28-2018), T-Bone 84 (02-28-2018)