User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
The crux of the story is that he talked about handling the money for the paid player himself.

Is it possible these are both the same thing interpreted in different ways? I guess. But what is clear is that no one is going to be the first one to admit that this has been going on for years and that they're involved.
SM said he was approached once about paying a high recruit to come to AZ and that he never agreed to pay the player and the player never came to AZ. I’d say SM just admitted that the black market to pay players is real, but he has never agreed to pay.

Over the last couple days I read a report of a podcast that someone said they talked to Book Richardson and the player during the Dawkins/Sean conversation wasn’t D Ayton but rather Brian Bowen. Then the next day the guy who said it back tracked saying he meant to say that IF he talked to Richardson he could envision being told the player disvussed during the alledged conversation was Bowen and then the date of the conversation wouldn’t be an issue, etc. basically then it would make sense.

Point is no one talking or reporting about this alledged conversation has a transcript or heard the recording if it even exists, so everything is hearsay, not fact. The only person who has spoken that has firsthand knowledge is Sean Miller who has disclosed to AZ he was approached about paying a player. And then those parties agreed to disclose that to the public. I think that was smart.