Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post
Forego ... agree.

It wasn't until the realists started to question the voting that the votes began to swing. At one time "A" was up by 30 votes and within time and people realizing the actual situation "B" overtook it and "C" crept in with 10%.
This is not necessarily true. I cast my vote without reading a single post. My B was given without knowing how others voted nor how anyone commented. This could have happened for a lot of people.

I understand those who gave a C, I even understand the As, but don't necessarily agree with them.

My curiosity was piqued by Rollo giving a B to OP and C to BG. BG was the first to win a NCAA tourney game since 1990. He was also the first to win the NIT since Donoher. OP's recruiting in the last few years here was not good and it showed in BG's 2nd year.

I have no problems with the A or A- for Donoher. He had pretty good success when he got to the tourney (though he got in in the 70s with 18 and 19 win seasons).

I think we are absolutely heading in the right direction, but one of those things that has to be corrected is our A10 performance in order to achieve the A in my mind. We do well against teams that play us man-to-man and straight up - not so much if they know us well. That is why we need to have shooting threats from both mid and long-range.

If Parker and Staten are capable, we could have an interesting year.

Last edited by IAFlyer; 10-07-2010 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Correction