Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 11:46 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
1) Yes, I mean the currently proposed rule because that is the rule currently proposed. What else is there to debate other than dooms day hypotheticals that you are so sure will happen?
We need to fully let anyone who identifies as a girl be a girl.

Hah! The next thing you know, boys will be competing in girls sports and claiming to be women.

Oh COME ON, you're being ridiculous.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...e-championship

2) CW already had big offers. He chose to come to UD over those big offers. In his own words, he came to UD to build something and to show local talent they could go to Dayton and be successful.
CW chose to come to UD the first time. What you're ignoring is this: what if there was effectively painless free agency, and he had 3 more choices to make? You're claiming he could have chosen UD 4 times, when in fact he only chose UD once.

3) SS was a good player at UD, but he was not an elite player. And you know exactly what I mean when I said he couldn't transfer anywhere. Meaning he wasn't good enough to go to the blue bloods and be an instant impact guy. He would have been solid bench player, but he is not starting at Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, or even a schools like Villanova, Gonzaga, or Xavier. I think we are letting recency bias cloud our judgement a little bit.
Bull pucky. I'm not saying he was a top 5 PG in the country, but he absolutely could have transferred and started at a number of other top 25 schools. His shooting, finishing ability, defense, ability to distribute, quickness, and moxy were not holding him back.

You can find 5 schools where he would not have started, but, the exception doesn't prove the rule. The question is this: might there have been teams with better prospects than UD (who wasn't even ranked) where he could have transferred and started? It only takes 1.